Vegan Breakfast Cookies
Fall is here and that means the abundance of holiday dinners are coming up! These cookies are not only healthy but scrumptious and are a great way to end your dinners.
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup aquafaba (the water drained from a can of chickpeas)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 ½ cups large flake or steel-cut oats
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place the butter, AF, maple syrup, brown sugar, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Next, add in all the dry ingredients.
- Finally, add the dried fruit and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool on wire racks.
- These also freeze well, so feel free to freeze them in ziploc bags in the freezer, and just pull out as many as you need for the day.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
For more on this recipe, check out the video: Vegan Breakfast Cookies
Recipe by Rebecca Coleman at Cooking By Laptop